Dear customers, due to the Covid19 restrictions the cinema will be closed as of Nov 30 until further notice. If you’ve already purchased tickets to the screenings in Dec, please send us an email ([email protected])
This page contains information regarding movies which are either spoken or subtitled in English. It is updated every week with information concerning the latest screenings.
Safety instructions for cinemagoers
We ask you to familiarise yourself with the following Cinema Orion safety instructions before coming to the cinema. They have been drawn up to prevent the spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus on the cinema premises in accordance to the Regional State Administrative Agencies instructions and policies. They will be updated as required corresponding to official guidelines.
Please notice that film festivals have they own instructions that might differ from the safety instructions of Cinema Orion. You can find festivals’ safety instructions at their websites.
- We warmly recommend using of face mask when arriving to screenings
- Keep the other cinemagoers safe and only come to screenings if you have no Coronavirus symptoms. If you develop symptoms after the purchase of a ticket we will credit the price of an unused ticket to your bank account. In order to claim compensation, send us an e-mail to [email protected]
- We recommend that you purchase tickets primarily through the Cinema Orion online store. Tickets can also be bought at the cinema box office using card payments. Contactless payments are preferred.
- In order not to congest the cinema foyer we ask you to take out your ticket upon entering the foyer and move into the cinema immediately after the doors open. We will open them 15 minutes before the screening starts, and leave longer intervals than usual between the screenings to enable the audience to enter the cinema and exit it after the screening without hurry, observing physical distancing practices.
- Cinema Orion has 220 seats of which 32% are in use, i.e. 70 seats. Every other row of seats will be blocked, and we recommend the members of the audience to sit at least two seats away from each other. Members of the same party can of course sit in adjacent seats.
- Good hand and cough hygiene prevent contagions. Please take care of hand hygiene throughout your visit to the cinema. Cinema Orion has several hand sanitizer locations for your use. If you cough or sneeze please make sure you use a disposable tissue or cover your face with your sleeve and flexed elbow.
- We also pay special attention to the cleaning of the cinema. We regularly cleanse the door handles and other high-touch surfaces as well as the toilets.
Films spoken in English:
BILLIE ( James Erskine, USA, 2020, 96 min.)
Documentary on the famed jazz singer, Billie Holiday.
MANK (David Fincher, USA, 2020, 131 min.)
Follows screenwriter Herman J. Mankiewicz’s tumultuous development of Orson Welles’ iconic masterpiece Citizen Kane.
PALM SPRINGS (Max Barbakow, USA 2020, 90 min.)
When carefree Nyles and reluctant maid of honor Sarah have a chance encounter at a Palm Springs wedding, things get complicated as they are unable to escape the venue, themselves, or each other.
BABYTEETH (Shannon Murpy, Australia, 117 min.)
Milla, a seriously ill teenager, falls in love with a drug dealer, Moses, her parents worst nightmare.
ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK (John Carpenter, 1981, 99min)
John carpenter’s iconic cult classic is coming back to cinemas with a stunning new digital restoration!
SNOWPIERCER (Bong joon-ho, 2014, 126 min)
In a future where a failed climate-change experiment has killed all life except for the lucky few who boarded the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe, a new class system emerges.
THE EGYPTIAN (Michael Curtiz, 1954, 139min)
In ancient Egypt, a poor orphan becomes a genial physician and is eventually appointed at the Pharaoh’s court where he witnesses palace intrigues and learns dangerous royal secrets.
THE MIDNIGHT SKY(George Clooney, 2020, 122min.)
This post-apocalyptic tale follows Augustine, a lonely scientist in the Arctic, as he races to stop Sully and her fellow astronauts from returning home to a mysterious global catastrophe.
THE SOUVENIER(Joanna Hogg, 2019, 12min.)
A young film student in the early ’80s becomes romantically involved with a complicated and untrustworthy man.
Films with English subtitles:
TOVE (Zaida Bergroth, Finland, 2020, 116 min, K12)
Tove is a captivating drama about the creative energy of a world-famous artist and the search for identity and freedom.