This page contains information regarding movies which are either spoken or subtitled in English. It is updated every week with information concerning the latest screenings.
Films spoken in English:
COLOR OUT OF SPACE (Richard Stanley, USA 2019, 111 min, K16, 4K)
A glowing meteorite falls on to the Gardners farm in Arkham, just outside Massachuttess. The head of the family, Nathan (Nicolas Cage), can’t believe his eyes when the crops and animals begin transforming after they have been affected by the color out of space. Soon enough when the paranoia and fear start to hit Nathan starts to feel it as well.
DARK WATERS (Todd Haynes, USA, 2019, 127 min, K12)
Corporate environmental defense attorney Rob Bilott (Academy Award®-nominee Mark Ruffalo) has just made partner at his prestigious Cincinnati law firm in large part due to his work defending Big Chem companies. He finds himself conflicted after he’s contacted by two West Virginia farmers who believe that the local DuPont plant is dumping toxic waste in the area landfill that is destroying their fields and killing their cattle. Hoping to learn the truth about just what is happening, Bilott, with help from his supervising partner in the firm, Tom Terp (Academy Award®-winner Tim Robbins), files a complaint that marks the beginning of an epic 15-year fight—one that will not only test his relationship with his wife, Sarah (Academy Award®-winner Anne Hathaway) but also his reputation, his health and his livelihood.
Films with English subtitles:
LES MISERABLES (Ladj Ly, France, 2019, 102 min, K16)
English subtitles only on 04.07 at 18:30 .
Ladj Ly’s directional debyt, Les Misérables, is a new and wild take on the classic story. The movie, which has been compared to the works of Spike Lee, was France’s official nominee at the Academy awards. Les Misérables won the César-award for best picture of 2019.
PARASITE (Bong Joon-ho, South-Korea, 2019, 131 min, K16)
English subtitles only on 01.07 at 21:00 and 09.07. at 21:15.
Ki-taek’s family of four is close, but fully unemployed, with a bleak future ahead of them. The son Ki-woo is recommended by his friend, a student at a prestigious university, for a well-paid tutoring job, spawning hopes of a regular income. Carrying the expectations of all his family, Ki-woo heads to the Park family home for an interview. Arriving at the house of Mr. Park, the owner of a global IT firm, Ki-woo meets Yeon-kyo, the beautiful young lady of the house. But following this first meeting between the two families, an unstoppable string of mishaps lies in wait.
FUNERAL PARADE OF ROSES (Toshio Matsumoto, Japan, 1969, 105 min, K16) All the screenings subtitled in English.
Japanese cult classic set in the underground gay culture of 1960s Tokyo. As product of Japanese New Wave, the film combines elements of arthouse, documentary and experimental cinema. Funeral Parade of Roses premieres first time in Finland 26th June 2020 to celebrate The Pride Week and The Global Pride Day.
Safety instructions for cinemagoers
We ask you to familiarise yourself with the following Cinema Orion safety instructions before coming to the cinema. They have been drawn up to prevent the spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus on the cinema premises in accordance to the Regional State Administrative Agencies instructions and policies. They will be updated as required corresponding to official guidelines.
- Keep the other cinemagoers safe and only come to screenings if you have no Coronavirus symptoms. If you develop symptoms after the purchase of a ticket we will credit the price of an unused ticket to your bank account. In order to claim compensation, send us an e-mail to [email protected]
- We recommend that you purchase tickets primarily through the Cinema Orion online store. Tickets can also be bought at the cinema box office using card payments. Contactless payments are preferred.
- In order not to congest the cinema foyer we ask you to take out your ticket upon entering the foyer and move into the cinema immediately after the doors open. We will open them 15 minutes before the screening starts, and leave longer intervals than usual between the screenings to enable the audience to enter the cinema and exit it after the screening without hurry, observing physical distancing practices.
- Cinema Orion has 220 seats of which 25% are in use, i.e. 55 seats. Every other row of seats will be blocked, and we recommend the members of the audience to sit at least two seats away from each other. Members of the same party can of course sit in adjacent seats.
- Good hand and cough hygiene prevent contagions. Please take care of hand hygiene throughout your visit to the cinema. Cinema Orion has several hand sanitizer locations for your use. If you cough or sneeze please make sure you use a disposable tissue or cover your face with your sleeve and flexed elbow.
- We also pay special attention to the cleaning of the cinema. We regularly cleanse the door handles and other high-touch surfaces as well as the toilets.